Intraday (M15) - 25 June '09

Today, I made some minor adjustments to my TP mechanics. At the suggestion of my friend who is an institutional trader for a French bank, I tested the use of Parabolic SAR (Step: 0.01, Maximum: 0.1) as a guide for exiting trades. In summary, I still set the SL at B/E with the TP level being the next pivot level in sight... whilst eliminating the use of trailing stops. However, I will have to exercise my discretion to TP, should the direction of the Parabolic SAR change before hitting the next pivot level.

The results are encouraging. I found that I'm less frequently taken out by the market mid-way through and consequently, the yield per trade has increased. In all, I made approx. USD80k from 16 trades today with 12 wins, 1 loss and 3 break-evens giving me a 75% winning record.

I will continue to test this exit strategy as it looks promising. Overall, it's been a good, solid day.


2 comments:

Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stewart said...

Hi MiniBahn... I am ALL OVER your Blog now... Sorry! Deleted last entry because of spelling mistakees!

Just caught my eye about trying different exit strategies. One I have found works really well for me is, when the price nears an area you think [might] be a turning point, I begin to concentrate on 'Constant Range Bars' charts & move my SL up to just below the indicated dips or tops for longs & shorts respectively as they form.

In a very rapidly moving market I only use these charts, with the candles ranges set to 8 (10 for Yen pairs) & get out on two 'wrong colour' candles, I find this works exceptionally well for big stuff such as NFP or a sudden rush in the market.

I am probably 'trying to teach my Granny to suck eggs' here but I hope I can be of some sort of help!

Post a Comment

Fixed Ratio Money Management

It's been a while since I last blogged about Money Management, what many consider to be the most important yet overlooked subject in trading. As one of the three (3) pillars of trading success (the other two being Mind and Method), I therefore feel that I have an obligation to share more of my thoughts on the matter.

Click HERE for more

Visit my other blog